“Any reason for practicing yoga is a good reason. Enhancing flexibility and releasing stress are as noble a purpose for performing yoga as the awakening of spirituality. This is a great gift of yoga, it serves and nourishes us at every level of our being and spontaneously contributes to greater well being in all domains of life. Yoga will help you discover gift within yourself that have remained unopened since childhood ~ gifts of peace, harmony, laughter and joy.”
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga ~ Dr’s. Deepak Chopra & David Simon
What is Yoga?
The word “yoga” comes from the Sanskrit word yuj, meaning union. Yoga is more than an exercise routine, yoga is a complete science of balanced living, a path to higher knowledge and joyful abundance. The remarkable benefits of a regular yoga practice will include improved flexibility, balance, muscle tone, endurance, vitality and your connection with spirit, only hint at the extraordinary power of this timeless teaching.
What are the benefits of yoga?
The remarkable benefits of a regular yoga practice include improved flexibility, balance, muscle tone, endurance and vitality, as well as emotional and spiritual growth.
- Creates a toned, flexible and a stronger body
- Improves respiration, energy and vitality
- Helps to maintain a balanced metabolism
- Promotes cardiovascular and circulatory health
- Relieves pain and strengthens posture
- Improves your athletic performance
- Helps to relieve stress
- Encourages positive thoughts
- Develops self-acceptance
- Promotes body-centred awareness
- Promotes a deeper connection between mind, body and spirit
- Builds awareness of your body, your feelings and your environment
- Enables you to experience self and spirit on and off the mat
- Infinite possibilities
- Exploring the depths of your soul